Often we get asked for what content sells or what are we currently looking for at Newsflare. One of our senior journalists in a previous post has touched on viral videos before and how there is no set right or wrong when it comes to user generated video footage.
We do have key assignments; videos that our news buyers or TV production companies are looking for and could be a quick win for you to making a sale and can be a great starting point if you are new to shooting video. Today, I thought it would be useful to share with you the top 5 best selling videos of this year to date from the Newsflare platform.
1. In at number 1 is Baby Leopold seeing his mother for the first time. This heart warming story took the media by storm as we witness the first time Baby Leopold can see due to a rare eye condition. This got picked up on a global level and was a tear-jerking moment for many!
2. Dramatic footage taken from a dash cam shows an ice sheet flying on a highway in the US – l won’t tell you the outcome – just keep watching!
3. Footage of hypnotic ice stacking on the edge of Lake Superior on its Western side in Minnesota comes in at number 3. We all love to talk about the weather and it appears that weather related footage does incredibly well – we have a number of assignments available from hot weather (if it any reaches us in the UK!) to the wild, weird and extreme!
4. One of our regular contributors shows us what life is like as he works out at sea. Newsflare member Graham had a recent success with Storm Gertrude and the immense power the waves can have!
5. In at number 5 is one of my all time favourites, because we all have a mate that is terrible at bowling! This recently got picked up and used by KFC in a digital campaign. So upload to Newsflare and your footage really can go widespread!