Mobile phone Journalism with Journalism.co.uk
Our friends at Journalism.co.uk have great courses on mobile phone journalism. Ideal for capturing those newsworthy videos that we can sell on your behalf to our global news buyer audience.
The title of their course is “Mobile journalism: Create multimedia on iPhone & iPad”
Learn how to produce high quality images, audio and video using just a smartphone or tablet, and create powerful digital stories – wherever you are
After this one-day course you will be able to create broadcast-quality video packages from your smartphone and tablet that even a TV producer would think were shot on a professional video camera costing thousands of pounds.
Trainer of this course, Glen Mulcahy, innovation lead at Irish broadcaster RTÉ, refers to the smartphone as “the camera you always have with you”.
His tips and techniques demonstrate how the humble smartphone can be used to shoot and edit photos and videos, record broadcast-quality audio and live-stream content for television and radio.
Glen will also advise on the best mobile journalism apps to use, the accessories that are worth investing in and, perhaps more importantly, the ones that are not.
This course focuses mainly on the iPhone, but offers general advice on other types of smartphone too.
Some of the other things you can expect to learn are:
- -How to shoot professional quality video interviews
- -How to shoot sequences and general views (GVs) to tell your story with pictures
- -How to record great audio interviews and clips
- -How to edit video on a smartphone, iPad or other tablet, or desktop
- -How to compress and/or transfer large files over the internet
- -How to set up quick and efficient work flows for your news outlet to get video, images and audio
Click here for more information on this course.